Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video About DSLR pitfalls, part of Up and Running with DSLR Filmmaking.
- View Offline
Chad Perkins: Hopefully, you have seen how great these DSLR cameras are. …They are just so small and just adorable. …And they are also ridiculously inexpensive. …But there is a downside to all of this; these cameras were not created to be used for filming …movies or in professional video production. …And yet that's where the world has decided to use them. …So before you jump into using these cameras, let's take this chapter and look at a few …problems you are likely to encounter while working with them.…
This course was created and produced by Chad Perkins. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Using lenses as a tool in storytelling
- Establishing focus for video
- Achieving a shallow depth of field
- Using equipment like clapperboards and matte boxes
- Editing and color correcting footage
- Using cinematography techniques to get beautiful shots
- Avoiding rolling shutter and moiré