Chad Perkins: Hopefully, you have seen how great these DSLR cameras are. …They are just so small and just adorable. …And they are also ridiculously inexpensive. …But there is a downside to all of this; these cameras were not created to be used for filming …movies or in professional video production. …And yet that's where the world has decided to use them. …So before you jump into using these cameras, let's take this chapter and look at a few …problems you are likely to encounter while working with them.…
This course was created and produced by Chad Perkins. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Using lenses as a tool in storytelling
- Establishing focus for video
- Achieving a shallow depth of field
- Using equipment like clapperboards and matte boxes
- Editing and color correcting footage
- Using cinematography techniques to get beautiful shots
- Avoiding rolling shutter and moiré
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Photography Basics
2. DSLR Basics
3. Understanding Lenses
4. In Production
6. Common DSLR Pitfalls
7. Important Gear
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.