Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Tax Center, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Quicken's tax planner uses the data and transactions you've entered into quicken…to help you estimate and analyze your tax situation for the current year.…It works best, if you can import data from TurboTax, tax planning software.…Note that the tax planner tool, is not…a substitute for tax return preparation software like TurboTax.…Rather, it's a way of estimating your tax owed, or the size…of your refund, based on the information you've entered into the Quicken software.…Quicken can base your tax estimate on transactions…you've entered or have scheduled or numbers you estimate.…
It can also pull data, from a tax…return created with another software product from Intuit, TurboTax.…You can enter all of the data by hand.…But that takes a long time.…If you use TurboTax, I'd recommend importing the data to the Tax Planner from…your previous year's tax return in TurboTax,…to save a lot of data entry time.…You should import your previous year's TurboTax…data file prior to using the Tax Planner.…Let me show you how to do that.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 25s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.