Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Spending tab, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…The Spending tab is a really powerful feature of Quicken that shows you a…breakdown of where your money is going in an easy to understand pie chart format.…It also alerts you to any uncategorized transactions and…allows you to categorize them directly from the Spending tab.…Let's take a quick peek at how the Spending tab works.…To open the Spending tab, just click on the…tab on the top of your screen labeled Spending.…You'll see the amount you spent in the last thirty days.…A nice pie chart showing you where your money went…and a list of all your transactions along the bottom.…
You can change the view of what you're seeing…by using these three filter tabs along the top.…You can change to show just one account or a few accounts.…You can change the time frame,…or you can change to show just income instead of spending.…Click Reset to get back to the default view.…In the box on the left, you'll see the total amount you spend…in the last 30 days and the number of transactions that are uncategorized.…If I click on the number of uncategorized transactions like this, the…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.