Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Planning tab, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…The Planning tab, in Quicken, is an area where…you can create budgets, debt reduction plans, and savings goals.…Make long term plans for retirement and other life events and estimate…your taxes, based on the data you've already entered into the Quicken software.…You can also find handy financial calculators and tax tools under this tab.…It's best to start using the planning tab feature after you've…already entered your main spending savings,…retirement, and asset accounts into Quicken.…It's also best to have at least three…months of transactions entered in to your Spending Accounts.…
Your plans will be more accurate, and you won't have to enter as much data by hand.…It's important to understand that the tools available under…the Planning tab, are extra, and optional features of Quicken.…Use these tools if they're helpful, or interesting for you.…Let's take a closer look at the tools available in the Planning tab.…To open up the Planning tab, just click on…the tab along the top of your screen labeled Planning.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.