Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Investing tab, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…The Investing tab in Quicken is an area where you can…track the performance of the investment account you've added to Quicken.…It's best to start using the Investing tab feature, after…you've already entered your main…investment and retirement account into Quicken.…It's also best to have several months of transactions entered from these accounts.…It's important to understand that the tools available under…the Investing tab are extra, and optional features of Quicken.…Use these tools if they're helpful and applicable to your needs.…You may be able to get similar or…more useful tools from your investment firm's website.…
Using these tools on Quicken could be an advantage,…if you have several investments at different financial institutions.…You can get an overall view of your entire investment portfolio in one place.…Let's take a closer look at the tools available in the investing tab.…To open the investing tab, just click on the…Tab along the top of your screen labeled Investing.…There are three main pages under the investing tab.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 25s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.