Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Bills tab, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…The Bills tab is a tool where you can…set up scheduled reminders of you upcoming bills and income.…Not only will you be alerted about these bills, you'll be…able to see projected balances of your accounts based on these reminders.…If you tell Quicken what your regular bills are and when you expect income, it…can remind you when your bills are due…and project your account balances into the future.…This will help you avoid late fees and…overdraft charger and help you plan your spending.…Optionally, you can add these…bill transaction into your register automatically.…
You can also had income reminders on the Bills tab.…Then when payday comes around, Quicken can enter your pay check automatically.…Of course, you may need to make a few adjustments to the amounts.…But entering at least an estimate of your paycheck is…important, if you want to use the projected balances graph.…Let's take a quick tour of the Bills tab and see how it works.…To open the Bills tab, just click on the…tab along the top of your screen labeled Bills.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.