Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating your accounts, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Once you've added a banking account to Quicken,…you'll want to keep it updated and current.…Before I show you how to update your accounts, let's…talk about what it means to update an account in Quicken.…When you update a bank account in Quicken, Quicken connects to…your bank online and downloads your most recent transactions and account balances.…This is really the handiest part of Quicken because it allows you to enter…all your transactions instantly without you manually…having to enter every deposit and payment.…Quicken calls this account update process One Step Update, because it gives you…the ability to update all of your accounts and online services at once.…
Let's start by looking at our list of accounts.…To see your list of accounts it's best to expand your accounts bar on the…left side of your screen, so you can see and select the accounts you're updating.…Click the small triangle, so that it's pointing down until you see the list…of the accounts expanded in the Accounts menu on the left side of your screen.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.