Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding transaction categories, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…In Quicken, transaction categories are labels that…track how much you're spending on particular items,…such as rent, groceries, or dining, and…how much you're receiving each month for income.…With Quicken, you can categorize transactions…that are downloaded from your bank,…as well as those transactions you've entered into your register by hand.…To get the most out of Quicken,.…Assign one or more categories to each transaction.…Categories track the source of a deposit such as your paycheck.…The reason for an expenditure such as dining out.…Or the name of the count to which…you're transferring funds such as the savings account.…
Quicken category list provides a selection of commonly used categories.…The category list, then becomes the central location from…which you can add, edit, delete, and otherwise manage categories.…When you categorize your transactions you're able to easily create…Quicken reports that show how much you're spending in particular…areas, such as on entertainment, on groceries, or how much…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.