Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving time with memorized payees and QuickFill, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
…Using the QuickFill and memorize payee features in Quicken can be…real time savers when entering and editing transactions in your account register.…Firs,t let's talk about Quicken's QuickFill feature.…This is a preset feature in Quicken that…gets more powerful the more you use Quicken.…Here's how QuickFill works.…If Quicken can guess what you're typing in a Payee…field, it fills in the rest of the field for you.…The second time you use a Payee name,…for example, Quicken knows that it's the second time.…Quicken also figures out that, hey, some stuff from the last…grocery transaction is probably going to be the same for this transaction.…
Let me show you with this Kirkland's grocery transaction I'm entering.…When I type the first few letters of the payee name,…Quicken supplies a suggested payee name for me.…After I press Tab to select the name, Quicken uses the…last transaction's information to fill in all the current transaction's fields.…But be careful with QuickFill.…You still need to make sure that the date…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.