Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording split transactions, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…From time to time, you'll have transaction that falls into more than one category.…In that case, you can assign multiple categories…to the transaction by recording a split transaction.…You may want to use split categories when you…shop at a big box store or a warehouse club.…In those stores, you may buy multiple types of…items like prescriptions, food and electronics in the same purchase.…In this scenario, splitting the transactions categories gives…you a more accurate view of your spending.…Let's walk through the process for recording a split transaction.…
I'll show you how to do this on this purchase that Jeannie made from Costco.…She spent $75 on business expenses at Costco and $175 on groceries.…So I'll take this $250 payment and click the Split in the category list.…I'll type Groceries on the first line.…And I'll change the amount to $175 because…that's all she spent on groceries at Costco.…I'll click Enter on my keyboard, and you'll notice a very handy thing.…Quicken displays the difference between the total and…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.