Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Reconciling accounts, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
…You can think of reconciling your accounts like balancing your check book.…When you reconcile your spending accounts, you…compare your bank records with your Quicken register…so you can be certain that neither you…nor the bank has recorded any transactions incorrectly.…First you should know that reconciling your account is optional.…It's just a way of giving you extra confidence that both…your online balance, and your Quicken account register balance are accurate.…When you balance or reconcile an account, you compare your Quicken account records,…against your online current bank statement…and resolve any differences between the two.…
Reconciliation can be affected by transactions that occurred in the period…shown on your current bank statement, as well as by earlier transactions.…For online enabled spending accounts, you have…a choice, you can compare the transactions, and…click into your paper bank statement, or you…can compare them to your latest online balance.…If there are any spending or savings…accounts that you track manually, the process…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.