Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Monitoring asset allocation, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…The Allocations page under the Investing tab helps you monitor…the mix of asset classes included in your investment portfolio.…An asset class is a group of securities that have similar features and behavior.…The values of securities in a given asset…class tend to rise and fall in similar cycles.…Asset allocation, is the process of spreading your assets across…several types of investments, to control your potential risk and return.…When you allocate your investments, you invest…different percentages of your portfolio and asset classes.…Such as large cap stocks, small cap stocks, bonds and so on.…
The resulting mix of investments is your asset allocation.…Let's take a closer look at the allocations page under the investing…tab and see how you can monitor your asset allocation with this tool.…To see the allocations page, click the Investing tab and…click the Allocations button at the top of the page.…You can filter the accounts and securities included in the snapshot…by using these dropdown menus at the top of the Allocations page.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.