Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering spending transactions manually, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Even though Quicken provides automatic…transaction downloads from your bank, sometimes…you'll need to add transactions manually to your spending account registers.…You may need to add a transaction…manually if there's a transaction that downloaded incorrectly.…You may also need to add a transaction manually, if your bank didn't provide…transaction downloads prior to a date that you need to add to your register.…You may also want to add a transaction that you know is coming up in the future.…So you can see your future financial picture.…Let's walk through the process for entering…a manual transaction to a checking account.…
First, open the Register for the account you'd like to add the transaction to.…In the Account register, first find the new transaction line.…If you're in the default view, the new transaction line,…will be the line at the very bottom of the register.…I'm going to add a transaction for a one-time payment to a fitness club.…If necessary, change the date to the date of the transaction.…If this is a Cheque, enter the Cheque number, in the Num field.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.