Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the Category List, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Quicken provides a great selection of commonly used…transaction categories and subcategories in the Category list.…However, there are situations where you need to…add, remove, hide, or edit categories and subcategories.…Let's start by saying that Quicken does give…you a good variety of categories to choose from.…Quicken also allows you to edit the category…list in almost any way you can imagine.…You can add, delete, hide, or edit categories and sub-categories.…Let's take a minute to walk through the…process for each of these category revision possibilities.…To make revisions, start by opening the full category list from the Tools menu.…
Click Tools and category list.…I'll start by showing you how to add a category or sub-category.…To add a category, click the Add category in the upper right.…Enter a name for the new category.…I'll call this one pre-school tuition.…Indicate whether the category is for tracking income or expenses.…My new category is an expense, so I'll select expense.…To change the category to a sub-category, select Sub-category.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.