Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating savings goals, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…You can use Quicken's Savings Goals feature…to earmark money for a major purchase…that you'd like to save up for, like a vacation or a new laptop.…Here's how it works.…Quicken's Savings Goals features helps you save money by hiding funds in an account.…Although the money never really leaves the source bank account, it's…deducted in the account register, thus reducing the account balance in Quicken.…The idea is that you won't be tempted to…spend the money that you don't see in your account.…In Quicken, a Savings Goals account is a set of type of assets account.…
This Savings Goal account doesn't represent a real…account, and there's no real money in it.…It's just a way of hiding and tracking money for a specific goal.…For example, you might be saving up for a new laptop.…You can deduct a hundred dollars each month…from your checking account using a Savings Goal,…giving you the illusion that you have less…money in your account than you actually have.…Let's take a quick peek at how to set up a Savings Goal in Quicken.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.