Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a budget, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Quicken can automatically create a budget for you based…on the transactions you've entered for your recurring expense categories.…You can edit this budget by adding or removing…the categories for which you want to set budget amounts.…With a budget in Quicken, you set the…maximum amount you plan to spend in specific categories.…For example you may want to budget 500 per month…to spend for groceries or $100 per month for clothing purposes.…Quicken compares your plan, with your actual spending…based on your transactions in your spending accounts.…
Keep in mind that you don't need to budget…every dollar you spend, for instance it may not…make sense to budget something like your car insurance…payment, if that's a bill with a fixed amount.…It would make more sense to budget categories that you can…control, based on your discretionary spending,…like dining out or entertainment purchases.…In fact, it's best to start budgeting with a few spending categories that you want…to monitor closely and add more categories, if…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.