Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Categorizing transactions, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…When you take the time to categorize your transactions, you're able…to easily create Quicken reports that show how much you're spending…in particular areas, such as on entertainment, on groceries, or how…much you're earning from different sources or across different periods of time.…Remember, in Quicken, categories track the source of a deposit…such as your paycheck, the reason for an expenditure such as…dining out, or the name of an account to which…you're transferring funds, such as a savings or a retirement account.…It's a good idea to categorize your transactions in your register…whether you're adding them by hand or downloading them from your bank.…
Let's take a look, at how we categorize…transactions from within an account register in Quicken.…I'll show you, using Jeannie's Primary Checking account.…Start by opening the Account, from the Account bar.…If we're entering a transaction for a Fitness Club…payment, once we've added the date of the transaction,…the check number if applicable, and the payee the…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 25s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.