Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding property and asset accounts, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
…Quicken makes it easy for you to track the…value of any property or assets that you own.…Property and asset accounts are used to track the value of property you own,…such as houses, vehicles or valuable assets…such as art, collectibles or capital equipment.…As a rule of thumb, decide whether you consider the…item to be truly an investment or a salable item.…Add the item if you're figuring its value into your net worth, and…if it would be helpful for you to track its appreciation or depreciation.…Note that if you have a loan associated with the…property or asset, such as an auto loan or a home…mortgage loan, you'll be prompted to enter that loan account…separately into Quicken to track the payment schedule, principal and interest.…
To add a property or asset account, click the Add…an Account button at the bottom of the account bar.…In the Add Account pop-up window that appears, select from…house, vehicle or other asset account types under property and assets.…I'll walk through the process by adding a house account, but the process…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.