Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding loan and debt accounts, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
…Quicken makes it easy for you to track the…account balance for any loan or debt account you have.…You can link it to an associated property or…asset to get an accurate picture of your net worth.…Loan and debt accounts are those accounts for money that you owe.…Quicken categorizes these accounts into loan accounts, home…equity line of credit accounts and other liabilities.…Let's take a minute to talk about each of these types of loan and debt accounts.…A loan account is an account such as a loan you take out to purchase a…house, a vehicle or any other type of loan you may take out from a bank.…
When you set up a loan, Quicken creates a loan account that shows the balance owed…on the account and keeps it up to date by connecting to the loan account online.…Except in the case of a house or vehicle account, it's usually simpler to add…the loan first and then add the asset account when Quicken prompts you to do so.…A home equity line of credit or HELOC account can be…linked to your house account to better reflect your net equity.…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 25s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.