Join Sally Norred for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding investing and retirement accounts, part of Quicken 2014 Essential Training.
- View Offline
…Besides using Quicken to manage your everyday spending, you can also manage…your investment portfolio within Quicken, by…adding your investing and retirement accounts.…Investing and retirement account are those accounts…that you use for your long term investments.…These include brokerage accounts, 401K or 403B…accounts, individual retirement accounts or Keogh plan accounts.…529 education savings accounts, and even single mutual fund accounts.…To add an investment or retirement…account, start by expanding the accounts bar.…Click the Add an account button at the bottom of the accounts bar.…
In the Add Account pop-up window that appears, you'll see…a list of four different types of investing and retirement accounts.…Brokerage, 401k or 403b, IRA or Keogh plan, and 529 plan.…Brokerage accounts include most investment account types.…Brokerage accounts can hold one or more securities, such as stocks, bonds or…mutual funds, with or without an…associated cash management or money market fund.…If you hold your investments at a large brokerage firm, like…
- Touring the interface and setting up an Intuit ID
- Understanding account types
- Adding and updating accounts
- Tracking spending
- Searching, sorting, and filtering transactions
- Categorizing transactions and customizing categories
- Reconciling accounts
- Creating and understanding spending reports
- Projecting future balances
- Using Quicken Online Bill Pay
- Creating a budget
- Creating a debt reduction plan and savings goals
- Using the Lifetime Planner and the Tax Center
- Tracking investments
- Viewing your investment portfolio
- Creating and understanding investment reports
- Using the Quicken mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Making Investment Decisionswith Rudolph Rosenberg56m 29s Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Touring Quicken
2. Setting Up Accounts
3. Tracking Your Spending
4. Setting Up Bills and Income
5. Planning Your Financial Future
6. Tracking Investments
7. Using the Quicken Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.