Knowing how to locate and look at the DSC logs is vital to understanding the DSC platform. Wether you are looking for errors or to just validate your DSC configuration periodically looking at the event logs is a part of the DSC process. In this video you
- [Voiceover] Now for this video I am going to be using…just the Event Viewer to access the logs.…This is really a matter of personal preference.…You can use PowerShell or Event Viewer to move…through the logs.…Personally, I like the Event Viewer.…I think that it's a little bit easier to read…and find those errors.…Or find those log files that I want to adjust,…or tweak, and use.…Inside of it is really up to you,…and what your personal preference is.…So here I am in my Server Manager, on my server.…I am just going to go to Tools,…and I'm going to go to Event Viewer,…and to find the Desired State Configuration logs…you go underneath Applications and Services,…Microsoft,…Windows,…And all the way down to Desired State Configuration,…which is right here.…
And you'll notice that I have my Admin log.…I don't have anything inside there,…mainly because I'm currently on just a target node,…for a Desired State Configuration.…I have my Operational Node…and I can take a look at some of these events.…You'll notice that I have my informational logs here.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.