DSC provides a dedicated module for troubleshooting your DSC environment. In this video you will see how the xDSCDiagnostics module works. You will see the two modules, get-dscoperation and trace-dscoperatopn and how they will work hand in hand to help tr
- [Voiceover] Now, while you're using DSC there's…a special module we can load with the xDscDiagnostics.…And this a great little component that'll allow us…to troubleshoot of what's happening…inside of our DSC environments,…and it's built-in to our Windows systems,…although by default, it's not installed.…The xDscDiagnostics is a PowerShell module.…It's built onto your system.…It's designed specifically to help work…with your DSC environments, to help trace your failures,…or even monitor the success events that happen inside of it.…It's made up of two commandlets,…Get-xDscOperation and Trace-xDscOperation.…
And they work really hand in hand.…Get finds all of the operations that…we would have on our current system,…and Trace will help us track down…what happened in those actual events.…So I'm gonna show you how these both work,…and how we can configure and use them on our system.…So let me go ahead and flip on over onto my server,…and show you how these commandlets work.…Here I have my server.…Now, before you can use the xDscDiagnostics,…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.