The last phase in DSC is the configuration phase and in the is video we will take a look at how to apply a deisred configuration using the Start-DscConfiguration cmdlet
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] So now, in this video, we're gonna take a look…at how do we make our configurations?…So, how do we actually take those files that we've staged…and make that happen on our servers?…We're gonna use a powershell command…called Start-DscConfiguration.…So, on my screen here, I have a configuration…that's gonna install IIS on my target node webserver.…It's also going to go ahead and install ASP.Net45 as well.…So it's just gonna install those two things…on that webserver called webserver.…It's gonna create a configuration called IISWebsite.…
Now, I'm gonna go ahead and just process this script.…I wanna make sure that I've pushed my moth file…to webserver, and everything's ready to go.…The good thing about those is that you can…stage as many times as you want.…It doesn't really hurt anything to republish and restage the…moth files as you're working with the actual configuration.…So remember doing a push mode,…so I just push that configuration file there.…Now to prove that there's nothing up my sleeve,…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.