DSC is not just for Windows environments. DSC can also be used on Linux based systems. In this video we will discuss the concepts behind implementing a DSC environment for non-window based systems.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] One of the fantastic…things about DSC is that it's not…limited just to Windows servers.…We actually have the ability inside…of Desired State Configuration…to do cross-platform configurations as well,…especially to Linux based systems that we want to work with,…so in this video we're just talk…about some of the basic tenants…and premise around working with DSC…in a cross-platform environment.…First off, the nice thing about this…is that we've talked about DSC as just a platform,…but it can also do Windows and Linux systems,…and it can even go to clouds like Microsoft Azure…where it can actually configure those systems as well,…so this platform is pretty robust in what it can do.…
Now what we're gonna to see in this particular chapter,…is we're gonna talk about Linux…and what we can modify with Linux Powershell interface.…So the nice thing about PowerShell…is that we can actually work with…the Linux interfaces and more importantly…we can create the DSC syntax that are there as well.…Now to work with this you actually have to…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.