The Local configuration manager (LCM) is engine behind on DSC. Undersating how the LCM functions is key to understandin the DSC moel. In this video will take a briefly look at how the LCM works
- [Voiceover] So now as you look at the three phases of…Desired State Configuration or DSC,…remember we have the Authoring Phase where we…actually create and work with those configurations.…We put them in the Staging Phase where they're…getting ready to be placed on our actual servers,…while the Configuration Phase is the last phase.…Well, who actually does the configuration?…It's the Local Configuration Manager,…performs the actual operation of applying the…desired state configuration to those systems.…So in this video, we're gonna take a look at…just some of the basic concepts of the LCM,…or the Local Configuration Manager,…on your DSC platform.…
So, the LCM is the engine of DSC.…This is the local components that actually make…all this happen, so when a configuration file comes down…and actually starts actually working on those servers,…the LCM grabs it and actually configures that…server however you've told it to be.…It also determines the refresh mode.…So, remember we have the two models.…We have a push model, or a pull model,…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.