After you have applied a configuration you will want to test it. Some of your configurations you ap[ly you can check and see if they pass the eyeball test to verify the configuration. Other configurations maybe more complex, in this video we will take a l
- [Voiceover] So as you start working…with your DSC configurations…and you actually use the Start-DscConfiguration cmdlet…to actually apply those configurations and make it so,…how do you know that it worked?…Well there's a lot of common ways we can test it.…And the first one I just simply call the eyeball test.…Check to see if things are there…so we know in the last configuration I installed ASP.NET 4.5…so what I can do is just run a quick check.…Is that feature there? Did it get installed properly?…Oh, it's there.…Well also in that last configuration…I actually installed IIS. Did the website show up?…O yeah it is. I can actually see the default website.…
So you can use your eyeballs to check some of those things.…You can even go in and take a look at…some of the actual servers that we have…and look for those features and functionalities.…So if I refresh this,…I should hopefully see IIS pop-up over there.…So I can just do my eyeballs…and see what some of those configurations are there.…So when you're doing some of those really broad brush stroke…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.