After you have authored your first configuration now you have to stage it. In this video we will take a look at the process of taking a DSC configuration and staging it
- [Voiceover] So now that you have…written your configuration, whether you've used…parameters, or DependsOn, or the allnodes, now what?…Remember, there are three phases to DSC configuration,…there's the authoring phase, the staging phase…and finally, the configuration phase.…What we're going to take a look at in this video…is actually taking our configuration files and staging them,…and folks, I'll tell you what, this is where I really…fell in love with what DSC can do for you…underneath the covers, and how we actually work…with these configuration files.…Here, I have my configuration file from my website,…where I'm going to install IIS.…
I'm actually going to install ASP-Net45,…and I'm gonna copy over directory,…and how we can publish a new website…into that environment we just created…for us to use in leverage.…But now I gotta get this staged,…and since I'm using a push model or a pull model,…how we stage these files are pretty much the same way,…and how we actually create them.…The only difference between the two different model…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.