DSC provides not only a platform for your desired state but also the ability to have seperate configurations. For example you could have a configuration that is for test and a configuration for production. What if after applying the test configuration to
- [Voiceover] So, as you're working with configurations…in your DSC environment, you might occasionally…make a mistake. Right?…I guarantee that down the road,…you're probably going to make a typo,…you might delete something instead of copying something,…and you might remove files that are there.…So, when you're working with DSC,…one of the things you want to kind of get in practice of,…when you're working with your configuration files,…is kind of have multiple configuration files,…especially if you work in a test,…and a production environment.…So, in a lot of the examples that you might see,…they keep the configuration names the same,…but my recommendation to you, is as you move things…from one version to the next,…change the configuration names.…
That way, when you're working with DSC,…you can actually see the different configurations,…and you know which ones are being applied.…Because the nice thing about this,…when we run with the start DSC configuration,…we can control which of these configurations we have here.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.