Join Matt Hester for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of PowerShell Desired State Configuration Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Thank you for watching this course on…Desired State Configuration Essentials.…There are a couple next steps if you want to learn…more about Desired State Configuration Essentials…that I recommend that you take,…as you move forward on your…Desired State Configuration journey.…So, one of the first things I'd recommend…is create a test environment.…I'd spin up some virtual machines on your local…premise or use some Cloud technologies.…Learn how to work with this technology.…And in an environment where you…really don't care if you blow things up,…because Desired State Configuration,…the first time you start working with it,…you're going to have a tendency to probably…mess things up a little bit.…
So have a test environment for you to work with.…But also start simple, start with some of the basics.…This going to help, not only for you to learn the language,…but also make sure you have all the necessary…IT plumbing in place, that the firewalls are open,…you have remote administration capabilities,…and all kinds of basics.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.