DSC provides a weath of information on how the system is working. From succesful to failed operations DSC logs it all. In this video we will take a look at some of the basics behind DSC and how it logs information.
- [Voiceover] One of the fantastic things…about Desired State Configuration is that we do…a tremendous amount of logging underneath the covers.…So in this quick little video I'm gonna talk about…how we actually handle the logging of errors…and what are some of the options and in other videos…we're gonna show some of the tools where you can actually…go in and take a look at the logs…and do some basic troubleshooting of your DSC environment…and help identify what some of those errors are.…So one of the nice things about all the DSC errors…that we have is that they're actually gonna show up inside…event viewer, under the applications and services area.…
Underneath Microsoft and Windows…there's a Desired State Configuration log…that actually holds all of the events.…We have operational, we have administrative,…we have analytical, we have debug logs,…they're all there for you.…Now by default the analytic and debug logs are not enabled,…and this is standard for most Microsoft logs,…most of the events.…I'll show you how to enable both those logs,…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.