Configuring Linux for DSC is straight forward once you know your platform you are looking to confiugure in DSC. In this video we will take look at the basic configuration on a Linux system (CentOS 7)
- [Voiceover] Now in this video we're actually gonna take…you through some of the steps and how we install…and configure DSC for Linux based systems.…Now, there's a little bit of work you're gonna have to do…not only on the Linux systems themselves to be able to…open themselves up to accept the configuration files…as we offer them and stage them and configure them.…But you're also gonna do some things on the…Windows server as well to make sure this works.…So there's a little bit of leg work you have to do…to make sure it's set up properly.…Now it starts with making sure on your Linux system…you have the Open Management Infrastructure or OMI…resources installed properly on that.…
Now this is the website where you can…actually get the OMI resources.…Now on the OMI website, down here in the…right hand corner you have the ability to see the…documentation themselves, for the actual resources.…You also have download links, where you can…actually go get the packages.…Now it's pretty self evident of…which one you'll need to install based on what version of…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.