The PowerShell community and many organizations have provided several custom resources that you can leverage for your configurations. In this video we will talk about how to find them and install them.
- [Voiceover] One of the great things about DSC's…specifically around resources…is the Powershell community.…And what they've done to help make our jobs easier,…not only to leverage DSC,…but all the great resources that they've created…inside of our environments today.…So in this video I'm going to show you how to find and use…those custom DSC resources we have out in the world.…So to overview the process…there are a couple things that we need to know.…So first off we need to use the PowerShellGet module.…Trust me, I'll show you how to use those…but the best thing,…the first time you try to find and use these resources…this module is going to get installed…and configured on your system.…
So you'll see that from soup to nuts in just a minute.…The main commandlet that we'll run is Find-DscResource.…Once you find that resource…you're going to want to install that module.…And then after you install the module,…you'll do the Import-DscResource.…So very common how we install any…of the modules that are out there.…But remember those resources are those special files…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.