In this video we will take a look at what components you need in place to be able to take advantage of DSC. From what version of Powershell to what servers are supported
- [Voiceover] In this video, we're gonna take a look…at the requirements for DSC, and what you'll need…to actually start authoring your first configuration files.…Now the requirement are fairly straight forward and minimal,…but there are some thing you have to take care of…before you can start deploying this wonderful…and desired state configuration in you IT environments.…First off, just a little history.…It was released initially with PowerShell 4…in Server 2012 R2, so as technologies go,…DCS's fairly new to our PowerShell world…and enhancements to our IT infrastructure.…
If you have prior versions of Windows Server technologies.…Like Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7.…Yes this does run on clients.…You can author your configuration from client files.…You'll need the Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5.…Which is probably already on your systems…if you do regular updates of the system.…It is a part of the Microsoft updates packages…that might hit your systems occasionally.…At the minimum, you need the…Windows Management Framework 4.0 for authoring…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.