This video will talk about the archictecture for DSC and step through the 3 phases of the DSC platform. We will talk about the process goes from authoring, to staging and finally configuration
- [Voiceover] In this video, we're gonna take a look…at the DSC Architecture and some of the basics…that we have to understand before we can actually start…implementing this inside of your organization.…So one of the things about this architecture,…there's actually two models that we support.…We have a pull or a push model,…and what that basically dictates is…how does the platform send the instructions down…to the systems that we want to configure.…Do we actually pull that from a server…or push it down to those servers?…You're gonna see both of those during this course,…although in this section we'll focus…on the pull model of this portion.…
There are three phases to the pull or push models…that we have inside of DSC.…First is the Authoring Phase, and in the Authoring Phase…this is where we describe how we want the systems to look,…and how we want them to be configured.…In the case, we might describe a website.…We might describe a registry entry.…There's lots of ways you can do this.…You can do this either imperatively or declaratively…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.