DSC provides a nice functionality with DependsOn to make sure certain components are in place before proceeding with your desired state configuration. With cross-computer synchronization you can take this a step farther by allowing DSC to wait for other c
- [Voiceover] So one of the great things that you've learned…as we write configuration files for DSC,…not only can we use parameters,…we can use depends on, we can use the all nodes,…but what if you want to write a configuration that relies on…another computer inside your environment to be doing…something before you can actually process it?…We can actually do that inside of DSC and it's called…cross-computer synchronization.…What that allows us to do is leverage some of the very…powerful functionality of DSC from other computers.…We can make sure that a configuration is running the certain…way or a certain service is running before we actually…proceed with our configuration on our target node…whatever we're going to use.…
Now this actually relies on three key words inside…of our DSC world.…We have wait for all, wait for any, or wait for some.…So when you're doing cross-computer synchronization,…it really determines on what you're gonna wait for.…If you use wait for all, you're waiting for all the desired…states on the target nodes to be in a certain state…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.