In this video we will take you through the process of authoring a simple configuration file. We will talk about the different sections of the configuration file and how to take advantage of them.
- [Voiceover] So, now let's start doing…some of the work behind DSC,…and let's create our very first configuration file…that we can actually use to create an environment.…Now, on this configuration file,…we're going to be building a web server,…so we're going to actually be installing…the IIS web service as well as asp.net 4.5…on the server as well,…so you can control that.…Now, this is going to use the Windows Feature resource…but let's start with where we begin.…All resources begin with the keyword configuration,…followed by the name of the configuration.…This is whatever you want to call it.…
I'm just calling mine IIS website.…And if I scroll all the way down to the bottom,…you'll notice that I open and close with the same,…so IISWebsite is kind of my ending,…so I know that I'm done with my configuration.…Everything that's inside there…controls what that configuration does…and who it does it to.…Now, who does it perform this task on?…That's under the Node parameter,…the node, a part of this configuration file.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.