One of the ways to implement the pull server is via an smb pull server. SMB is another way to use a simple file share to distrubute your configurations. In this video we will show how to configure and leverage and SMB pull server
- [Voiceover] In this video, I'm going to take you through…the configuration of a pull server using SMB…or just a file share for our DSC resources.…Now the great thing about this,…is at the end of the day it's just a simple share…that we can create on any server on our environment that…we want to basically store our configuration files.…Now I thought it would be kinda cool…to actually use DSC to configure that share for you today.…So you're going to see a couple of things…that you haven't seen in other portions of this course.…So the first thing we're going to talk about is…we're gonna have to install two very common DSC resources,…xSmbShare and cNtfsAccessControl.…
Now the names pretty much tell you what they do.…One allows me to use sharing technologies…via my DSC resources.…And the other resource allows me to set…and work with permissions inside of it.…You'll see that in my examples that we have here today.…So what I'm going to do.…I'm already remote into the web server,…which is where I'm create my xSmbShare today.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.