Once you have the basic setup for a Linux based system then you will want to use the DSC platform to configure the systems. In this video you will see a simple of DSC in action as we configure a CentOS 7 system with a configuration delivered from a Window
- [Voiceover] In this video we're gonna take a look…at what happens after you get your OMI server set up,…as well as your DSC resources for Linux…installed and configured.…So I've already done that on both sides.…For this example I'm gonna be using CentOS 7,…as my Linux target node,…and that we have configured and ready to go,…it's already been installed with the OMI,…I already have the DSC resources configured there.…Likewise, on the Windows server that I'm authoring from,…I already have the nx resources configured…and ready to go.…Now, here's an example configuration that we have,…and it's not gonna do anything magnificent.…
It is gonna create a file on my CentOS system…in the temp directory called 'test',…and if I scroll down into this configuration,…you can see I'm just gonna put the words…'hello world' in the file,…I'm going to make sure it's there,…I'm gonna force it, in case any files exist,…and then I'm gonna end the configuration.…So I'm just using a real basic example…to show you how this all comes together.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.