If you are going to leverage the pull model in your DSC environment you will need to know how to configure the LCM to being ablt to communicate with the pull server. In this video you will see how to configure the LCM to talk to an SMB pull server
- [Voiceover] Now whenever you work with a pull server,…whether it's a SMB share or an HTTP pull server,…you then have to go in…and actually configure the local configuration manager…on your target nodes to actually talk to the pull server.…And there's a couple parameters that we have to use,…and we actually have to use a unique parameter…to create the configuration.…So as you look at this, you're probably thinking…Matt, that looks very similar to a regular configuration…for anything that I would do in DSC,…and you're pretty much right, it is!…With one exception- you'll notice at the very top here,…we have DSCLocalConfigurationManager.…
This is actually a special attribute…we have to use with inside of the DSC world…to configure that local DSC configuration manager.…It has a couple unique things inside of it…that I wanna step you through.…So the first thing is we scroll down here.…I'm just gonna once again modify the local host for this.…I tell it the RefreshMode.…The default is Push, but we can set it for Pull.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.