You can also leverage a web server to implement a pull serer in your organization. In this video you will see how to setup an leverage an HTTP pull server. You will also see a quick look at what setting up an HTTPS server for more secure DSC configuration
- [Voiceover] Now, let's go ahead and talk about…how we can configure an HTTP pull server for DSC.…Now, much like we configure an SMB share,…now we're actually just gonna be using a web service…to make this work.…Now, before we can actually do this…and actually configure the server to be a pull server,…there are a couple of things that have to be in place first.…We have to have IIS installed.…We also wanna make sure we have the DSC service.…These are both roles and features on your Windows servers…that you can install fairly easily.…Or you can DSC to install them as well.…We're also gonna be using a PS Gallery module…called xPSDesiredStateConfiguration…that you'll have to make sure that you install as well.…
And we talk about that in another video in this course.…But when you look at the configuration here for HTTP,…well, notice a couple of things that are unique to it.…First off, we're just checking to make sure…that the DSC service is in place.…Oh, expand this down a little bit so we can see it.…We're also gonna take a look at some of the configuration…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.