Two vital components in DSC are configurations and resources. In this video we will take a look at their relationship to each other and their roles in the DSC platform
- [Voiceover] Now two of the basic building blocks…inside of working with DSC is understanding the differences…between configurations and resources…and it's vital that we understand this…because as we create and as you learn more about DSC,…there are a ton of great resources that are out there…not only built in, but also available on the web,…but if you don't understand the basic configurations…you can't take advantage of the resources inside of there.…First off, configurations are…all created inside of PowerShell.…They are described inside the language,…you're gonna see how these are created,…we're gonna create some configurations…from beginning to end inside of it,…but really all the configuration does,…it describes the desired state.…
Describes that actual desire configuration state…that we want those systems to be in…and what they want them to look like.…We also make sure inside those configurations files…that they're properly configured.…Now, once again, it's up to you to define…what that proper configuration is.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.