DSC offers several key built-in resources for you start configuring your environment. In this video we will discuss and describe the built-in resources
- [Voiceover] In this video, we're gonna take a look at…the resources that are built-in for DSC.…These resources as we've talked about are not only…for the authoring of the configuration files,…but they also do the heavy lifting of actually configuring…the systems when we say "make it so."…So, knowing what we have built into the system…to start with is great, to understand…how we can start working with DSC.…So to find out what you already have on your system,…you can run a quick commandlet…so I'm just gonna write in "Get-DSC," type as "R"…and then I'm gonna do "tab auto-complete"…to fill in the rest of the command.…
And what this is gonna do is show me all…the current abilities of DSC…I have built into my environment,…all those built-in resources.…So you'll notice some of them are pretty obvious…like "User" and "Group" to work…with your local users and groups…so you can modify group membership.…You have "Registry," if you want to modify…those registry settings we have "File,"…which allows us to work…with those local file folders and structures.…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.