Configuring DSC for Linux based systems has some core requirements. In this video we will talk about some of the core requirements for DSC, from what versions and flavors of Linx that are supported as well as other components.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] So, in this video, We're gonna take a look…at some of the basics for DSC for Linux.…We're gonna take a look at some of the requirements…from an operating system perspective,…and what versions of Linux, and what flavors we'll use.…We'll also talk about some of the dependencies that we need…and some of the libraries that will need to be in place,…as well as, we'll cover off some of the built-in…resources that come currently with DSC for Linux.…Some of those resources have been grown, so you'll…see just some of the basics that came out…when DSC for Linux was initially announced,…but there's several other resources that that community…has been building fervently for the actual…Linux environment, so you'll see just a small subset…and they'll mirror some of the DSC built-in resources…that we have for Windows.…
First off, we support several versions of Linux,…from CentOS five, six and seven, all the way down to…Debian, Oracle, Red Hat, SUSE, and Ubuntu, so…depending on what flavor of Linux you've chosen…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with PowerShell 5with Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.