- [Instructor] So what about Azure? … Can we manage Azure with PowerShell? … Absolutely, we can manage Azure with PowerShell, … and in fact, there's lots of ways to manage Azure. … PowerShell is just one of them, … and by the way, folks, we actually have … a couple of ways to manage Azure with PowerShell … inside of our universe that we have of Azure. … First off, whenever you think about managing Azure, … you have to understand that everything we do … is done with the Azure Resource Manager. … It's kind of the get stuff done person. … Whenever you do something inside of Azure … whether you use the portal or PowerShell … or something new called the CLI … which we'll talk about the command line interface is … in just a moment, … it all gets done through the Azure Resource Manager. … The beautiful thing about this, … you get to pick the tool that you want to use … to manage the Azure environment. … Now since this is a PowerShell course, … we're obviously going to talk … about the PowerShell ways to do that, …
Matt then dives into PowerShell's functions and What If statements, working with output, and coding in the Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE). The course wraps up with some tips on using PowerShell for both on-premises and cloud deployments involving Office 365 and Azure.
- Identify the purpose of a delimiter.
- Recognize the tools needed to build a command using the ISE.
- Identify the options to use when running Get-Service from a remote computer.
- Recognize the capabilities of four cmdlets.
- Explain how to transfer aliases from a file into PowerShell.
- Determine if a cmdlet will generate an error when executed.