One of the fantastic benefits of the DSC pull model is being able to keep your systems in the desired configuration. In this video we will talk about how to configre the LCM to automatically work with DSC platform to stay in the desired stated
- [Voiceover] Now when you work with a local…configuration manager client, you may want to actually…set it up so it not only applies the configurations…that we want from a pull or push configuration,…but also make sure that everything stays in check.…Now there's another parameter that we have…to work with when we do this inside of the LCM.…In addition to pull or push, which is the refresh mode,…we actually have to set up what is called…the configuration mode.…Now the configuration mode actually has…three parameters for it.…So let me go ahead and get this typed in.…Configurationmode.…And it's a string value, so I have to put it…around with quotes.…
By default wherein what is called ApplyandMonitor.…Now what this does, it's going to do the…initial application of the DSC configuration for us,…apply it, and then just monitor it.…And if we have configuration drift if…something changes, it's going to log that into…the log file so we actually can go in and…see what's happening.…Now it's not going to do any work.…Just kind of oversee it and make sure of…
Current IT pros will need to understand DSC as they move into managing Microsoft's next wave of server and cloud products that will leverage this important technology. In this course, Matt Hester shows how to write configuration documents, work with DSC resources, and apply configurations to systems via both push and pull modes. Plus, he shows how to troubleshoot DSC and use DSC in non-Windows environments like Linux.
- Why we need DSC
- Understanding DSC architecture
- Working with built-in and custom resources
- Creating a DSC configuration
- Staging configured data
- Creating, testing, and restoring DSC configurations with the push model
- Configuring pull servers
- Creating and testing DSC configurations with the pull model
- Using DSC in Linux environments
- Troubleshooting DSC
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerShell 5 Essential Trainingwith Jason C. Helmick3h 38m Intermediate
1. DSC Overview
2. DSC Resources
3. DSC Configurations
4. Push Configurations
5. Build a Pull Server
6. Pull Configurations
7. Cross-Platform DSC
8. DSC Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.