Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with layers (Send to Back and Send to Front), part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
We're going to add three photos to our photo album.…And they are going to be positioned so that they overlap a little.…Using layers, we can control which photos are on top and which are on bottom.…This becomes especially useful when we have text boxes, shapes, photos and other…objects all fighting to be on top.…It's up to us to tell PowerPoint what the order is.…If you're a little confused, don't worry;…as soon as I get started, you're going to see exactly what I'm talking about.…So let's head to Slide number 7, our Photo Album.…We're going to pull down the new Slide menu to add a new slide right after seven.…
And this time, we're going to add a Title Only layout.…This gives us the Title without any placeholder below for content.…We're going to call this one Photo Album (cont.).…Now, from our Assets Folder, we're going to add three photos.…I'll chose Insert > Picture and add Ranch 1, Ranch 2 and Ranch 3.…
Now, I'm going to resize each photo, so it's a little bit easier to manage.…There's 1, 2 and 3.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.