Demonstrates the essential features of PowerPoint 2010 to create a professional presentation.
- Hi, I'm David Diskin, certified master of Microsoft Office and welcome to Microsoft PowerPoint 2010: Essential Training. This course is for all users, those brand new to PowerPoint and those who have experience with this version and other ones. Basically, there's something here for everyone. Let's take a glimpse of what I'll be covering in this course. For starters, we'll create a presentation from scratch, adding slides, bullets, and photos to help convey your idea. I'll show you how to use the built in themes, diagrams, and photo effects to create professional-looking presentations with very little effort.
Then I'll cover animating your slides and providing transitions between them that will add a touch of class to your presentation. You'll see how you can import video and easily trim it down to just the segments you want, add fades, and control volume. Then I'll demonstrate sharing your work with others over the web, on DVD, and on paper, and through all of this, I'll give you time-saving shortcuts and provide a little expert advice. So, get comfortable, grab your beverage of choice, and come with me as I show you the essentials of Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.