Get a quick introduction to purposeful slide design. Discover how to modify and personalize your own design approach to maximize presentation impact.
- [Heather] Hi there. I'm Heather Ackmann and welcome. This course is intended for business professionals and educators with little to no design experience, whatsoever. This course will introduce you to some key design principles to take some of the guesswork out of slide design. What this course does do is teach you how to design slides according to your audience's needs, your speaking environment, as well as your message's main purpose. This course dives deep into those dreaded bulleted slides and talks about why they're so overused, providing alternative visual structures for bullet points.
We also will be discussing in this course the visual need for space in our designs, the need for repetition and contrast, and how to use color more effectively. So stay tuned. There is a lot of great chapters coming up that I do recommend you watch in order. So see you in the next video.
- Designing as non-designers
- Key design components
- The need for hierarchy
- Hierarchy in bulleted slides
- When bullets are cognitively necessary
- Using space effectively
- Creating similarity and contrast strategically