Learn how to use PowerPoint as a tool to enhance your instruction with discussion, activities, and multimedia. Create interactive lessons, design engaging slides, create learning activities, and incorporate games.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to PowerPoint for Teachers. I'm Faith Brill and in this course we'll transform the way you traditionally look at PowerPoint presentations as we create dynamic, interactive lessons and learning environments. You'll learn to develop student-centered, hands-on activities that will bring life to your instruction and effectively organize your day-to-day work. Whether you're new to using PowerPoint or have stocks of presentations in your tool kit, whether you're a K through 12 teacher or a higher ed professor teaching to a large lecture hall, this course is for anyone looking to create more engaging, dynamic learning experiences in their classroom.
Go beyond bulleted lists of text that you read aloud to your students while they take notes. Get ready to bring your presentations and your instruction to the next level.
Join Faith Brill as she demonstrates how to create dynamic, student-centered, hands-on learning activities using PowerPoint. If you've used PowerPoint as a book replacement in the past, learn how to transition to using it as a tool, enhancing your instruction with discussion, activities, and multimedia. Get ready to try new techniques so you can embed these new approaches into your practice. This course helps teachers of any grade level, K–12 and higher ed, to move beyond passive teaching with bullet points to teaching with interactive lessons that engage students.
- Transition from traditional use of PowerPoint to dynamic use
- Use speaker notes
- Design effective teaching slides
- Evaluate and revise your classroom setup
- Create activities in PowerPoint
- Teach using games
- Organize your day and your curriculum